Thursday 31 August 2017

Are You Full or Half Full?

Happy new day everyone,

I looked around and kept seeing things that are wrong which ordinary Jesus of Nazareth would have solved easily. If you noticed I said Jesus of Nazareth, the reason is that Jesus of Nazareth doesn’t have complete dominion over everything in the universe which the resurrected Jesus possesses. Jesus of Nazareth was just like the first Adam in Genesis, who only had authority here on earth alone, but when Jesus resurrected, He was given all authority in heaven, earth and under the earth. And guess what? It is this exact authority of the resurrected Jesus every Believer has been given by Grace or we would say, free of charge! So why can’t we stop a something as simple as a hurricane?

There is something Jesus understood early in His physical life that many of us Believers are still battling to understand today, and it to know who our true Father really is. Jesus understood early enough as we were able to see this recorded when He was just twelve years of age [ref. Luke 2:49]. Several times Jesus would say, what you see me do is not of my own accord, but what I see my Father do, that is what I do. Let’s take a look at John 5:19 which says, “Then Jesus answered and said to them “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.”” What Jesus was saying to them was that all the while, it wasn’t Him who was performing the miracles but His Father who lived in Him. Jesus made mention of things like this in several places [ref. John 8:28, 14:9-10]. So where do you think we’ve missed it?

Several times, we think it is by our own abilities that things are done, knowingly or unknowingly. We think it by how much we’ve studied the scriptures that can allow us to command things and they happen, or we think it is because we’ve done something against the Lord that’s why when we command a thing it doesn’t happen. Now let me tell me you why nothing happened. Nothing happened because you said it won’t happen! Remember, it is not by our power that all these things happen, this is the truth we need to understand and this was the secret of Jesus while He was here on earth. He said in John 14:11, “Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me…” Jesus had become one with the Father, but we feel it is blasphemous to become one with the Monarch of the universe, the King of kings, the Almighty God, this was why the Pharisees wanted to stone Jesus for claiming to be God [ref. John 8:48-59]. True, Jesus is the one who received all authority and dominion, but we forget that we are the body of Christ and we’re one with Him, being joint heirs with Christ [ref. 1 Corinthians 12:27, Romans 8:17], so whatever happens to Christ, happens to us!

Log on tomorrow as I continue on this topic.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.

                    
Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comment send through my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)


No comments: