Friday 11 August 2017

According To Your Faith

Thank God it’s Friday! Happy weekend everyone,

Weekends are lovely, back when I was in school, it was a happy day for all of us because classes were short and we got to go home early and rest for as long as we wanted and also have fun. The time to rest, relax from the whole weeks' hard work was what we always looked forward to, even till now at work. But do you know that God’s intention is to put us on an eternal weekend, an eternal rest? Actually, He has, it’s just that many of us are workaholics, we just love to work. Seriously speaking, if God wanted us to have rest, how do we survive? Good question.
Today, I’ll be looking at faith before delving into how God wants us to survive when we follow His rest plan.

One person whom I admire so much is Jesus the Christ. I feel His command and authority on how He handled things when He lived physically on earth. He was very blunt and said things just the way they were meant to be. He never spoons fed anyone, but in all these, His mission was to fulfil the plans of God which are for us to enter His rest! When it came to miracles, signs and wonders, Jesus wanted those who received it to take as much as they wanted, in other words, He wanted them to receive as much as they believed. This is why you kept on hearing, “your faith has made you whole”. Why the use of this phrase?

The phrase “…your faith has made you…” implied that God had brought as many goodies for us to receive, but it is as much as we believe these goodies are ours that’s how much we receive. A good example is a time Jesus healed the Centurion’s servant in Matthew 8:5-13, Jesus wanted to go heal the servant, but the Centurion didn’t feel worthy for Jesus to come over, as he answers, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” Jesus was so impressed with his level of faith which made Him say to the Centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.”

It is really us who prevent things from coming to us, and not God, because He has offered us things beyond our imagination, just Ephesians 3:20 says, “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us”. So, any challenge that we face in any form which is not beneficial to our being, such as poverty, sickness, diseases, depression and so on, can never come from God. God, Himself has brought the solution, which is rest, which can only be found in Jesus.

A closer look at this ‘rest’ would be discussed tomorrow.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comment send through my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)


No comments: