Thursday 24 August 2017

Have We Been Putting Our Trust In God or Mammon?

Hi everyone,

Have you ever wondered what Jesus said both in Matthew 6:24 and Luke 16:19 that we cannot serve two masters, in other words, we cannot serve both God and mammon, Amplified version brought up other synonyms to mammon which includes, deceitful riches, money, possessions, or whatever is trusted in; yes many would say God didn’t say we shouldn’t use money, what He means is that we shouldn’t put our trust in money, and we are to put our trust in Him. But after my careful observation at what we do today, I asked myself, “Are we really putting our trust in God and not mammon?” and this is what I’d be looking at today.

What does it mean to put one’s trust in mammon? We go to work, labour throughout the month waiting for the last week or the end of the month to come because we are waiting for that pay in order to survive, in order to pay for our rent, kids school fees, foodstuffs, clothing, hospital bills and much more like this. Is this not slavery, and for who? Money. We then deceive ourselves by bringing God into the picture for Him to intervene in letting the pay come quickly or He should touch the heart of the boss to see your hard work that he should increase your pay. The point here in simple terms is that you have become a slave to money and you are limited by how much is given to you.

You could come up and tell me you are not enslaved by how much you earn, so I ask, why do you give Thanksgiving or testimony in church for a car that was given to you without payment or at a lower rate, or why do we give testimony in church for a hospital bill paid for or house rent paid for? The truth is that the amount you earn could not meet up to these things or else you wouldn’t have come out to give any testimony, or am I telling a lie?

Money has enslaved us and we didn’t know it all these while. If we struggle to earn money in order to enjoy the luxuries of life, then an unbeliever who is a billionaire shouldn’t bother coming to Jesus, because the so called Believers who want to bring people to Jesus are longing to have things which the billionaire doesn’t need to pray for. So where have we missed it, how come we pray to God for things which the billionaires already have or what a small god could easily provide? Don’t get it twisted saying, there is always a clause that the small god gives those who come to meet them. Seriously, I could put my sweat into my work, get an excellent degree or come up with a smart idea and get wealthy, isn’t that what the popular billionaire have been doing?

So, what makes coming to Jesus any special, is it just eternal life which I’m sure a lot of us became Believers for so as to be on the safe side and still hustle as the common man on the world? You need an answer? Then log on tomorrow as I reveal what went wrong and what Jesus Christ wants us to do as Believers.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    
Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comment send through my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)


No comments: