Monday 21 August 2017

Why Worry When You Have God

Happy new week everyone,

I looked up my dictionary for the meaning of the word worry, and two use of definitions of what I was looking for struck me. One was a transitive verb which defined worry as to “disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress”, while the other was an intransitive verb defining worry as “to be troubled, to give way to mental anxiety”. The point I was able to establish was that worry indicates you being bothered by a thing, which also indicates a person in need of help in an urgent situation. I then wondered why we couldn’t get such help from God. This is what I intend discussing today.

I came to an understanding that most of us have decided to do things our own way. We respect God but feel anything that concerns Him are spiritual things, and our day to day physical activities do not concern Him. This is wrong and not true. Do you know that the human parent was designed to imitate God who is the real and true parent; as a child we insisted we wanted to do things ourselves even when our parents wanted to help out, we would say “no, no”, and we would be in a fix and in need of our parent who knew better when we were kids. This is the same way we treat God who is ready to guide us on our way, on every single path we tread.

The point to note is that out of the spirit came the physical. God is a spirit being and He knows the end from the beginning and He created us, isn’t He the one should trust at all times. The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:7, “cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” We go through difficult situations every time, we should wait till when we enter a fix before we involve God. We should involve Him before we begin any task, asking Him for His directions and not only that, we need to trust Him when He directs us because most times His ways do not seem to make sense, but I bet you won’t regret it one second. I’m a living testimony, why not trust Him today and live a stress-free life.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    
Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comment send through my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.



Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: