Tuesday 1 May 2018

What is Jesus' Business With Your Bills?

Happy New Month everyone,

When I was a child I was used to being led or directed to what I was meant to do. I often looked up to those who directed me, but I noticed they were looking up to someone, and the person they were looking up to was also looking up to another person. I wanted to look up to the one who was the height, the apex, the climax, the peak of whom everyone looks up to because He is the all in all. I found this person named Jesus, “For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in Him permanently.” (Colossians 1:19 AMP).

As I put my Spiritual ears to the ground, He has been directing me ever since, but do you think it has been that easy for the Holy Spirit to direct you and it would be so easy? Really, I was born with a corrupt soul and spirit. Now, my Spirit which is me has died, and Christ has become my new life, but what about my soul, where my mind, will, and emotion lies, they haven’t been changed but can be transformed daily as my soul yields to the Spirit. While this is going on, pending the time it would be completed there are still residues of the old nature in the soul where my consciousness exists, this is where doubt, fear, and unbelief lies. How do follow what the Holy Spirit [the Spirit of Jesus], where we have bills to pay, food to eat, shelter to live, issues upon issues and still follow Christ? How can this be done?

One thing we must understand is that the moment you receive Christ as Lord, the rules change, what do I mean by this? It means, the typical rule of being born, going through school, going to the university, getting a job, getting a roof over your head, getting married, having kids, and your kids repeat the whole cycle you did stops. This is why Sons of God get into a tight corner and wonder why things got harder when they became Sons of God, or why things generally become hard, it is just because you think your life pattern still goes the same way as the world. So, what is the way to live as Sons of God?

Jesus when praying to the Father in John 17:14 said, “I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.” Jesus never went to school, still He was better than the best brains, never got any question wrong; Apostle Paul was a scholar, but dumped everything and followed Jesus; Apostle Peter was a professional fisherman, who when He encountered Jesus, dropped everything and followed Him. Everyone who encountered Jesus by becoming a Son of God back then understood that their lifestyle had changed completely, and what was it?

One thing is that everyone born of the God has received the Holy Spirit, “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit is God who knows all things, knows your life completely, and is always true and right; He is the One who directs our lives as Sons of God. He is the one who tells us what school to go if He wants us to go to school, what job to pick, whom to marry and everything, but that is not just how He works.

The moment you receive Jesus Christ as Lord, you are to ask the Holy Spirit what exactly is your mission here on earth is, because we are sent here to save the world, so, this is what the Holy Spirit does, by directing our lives to what we are meant to do exactly. But how does this affect the bills that keep piling up or other circumstances and challenges that we face here?

…to be continued same time tomorrow.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG



Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: