Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Illusion of Control (Introduction)

Hello everyone,

I love cartoons a lot, but not just any cartoon, the cartoon movies are what I really enjoy and learn from even at my age. I wrote about a quote I got from a cartoon movie, and today I’ll write on another thing I got from the same cartoon, and that is the illusion of control. The illusion of control reminds of a debate in a course of mine when I was in the University which was to know if we are determined of free beings, in other words, do we control our lives by doing anything we want or are we being determined, that is, everything we do has been planned beforehand, we having control of it? I remember telling my lecturer back then that it is the combination of two, that is, we are free within a determined space and time. Now where does the illusion of control come in, and what is God’s role in all these? Read on.

Many people believe God has sovereign control or hold on everything that happens here on earth, but He doesn’t, if He did, everyone would have been a Son of God by now. We would see God’s powers display in things around us, but He cannot just control us, this is because He placed in us the power of choice [free moral agency], doesn’t it show that we are free to choose whatever we want to do at any point in time, thus having control over everything? So, where does the illusion of control come in? Log on same time tomorrow as I explain this great mystery on control if it’s a myth or the truth.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG



Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: