Saturday 14 April 2018

Why Are You Not Condemned?

Happy weekend everyone,

I was going through the Epistle of Romans chapter 8, even though I have gone through it several times, I found it more revealing, in other words, it appeared deeper than I thought. Surprisingly, scriptures seem deeper than before to me these days, that’s a sign of growth for me. Well, I’ve decided to go through this chapter starting from today. It’s my favourite chapter in the book of Romans. So, shall we?

Using the Amplified version, Romans 8:1 and 2 say, “THEREFORE, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death” There was Romans 7 before Romans 8, definitely. So, how did Apostle Paul reach this conclusion of Romans 8:1?

Apostle Paul in Romans 7 wrote of the power of the flesh, how it was empowered by the law. He said in verses 14 and 15, “We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am a creature of the flesh [carnal, unspiritual], having been sold into slavery under [the control of sin. For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled, bewildered]. I do not practice or accomplish what I wish, but I do the very thing that I loathe [which my moral instinct condemns].” AMP. What Paul meant here was that the Law is spiritual given to him who is unspiritual, how then would he keep this Law, because any time he intends to keep the Law, it is that which is contrary to the Law that he does!

He went ahead in verses 24 and 25 of Romans 7, “O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death? O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself with the mind and heart, serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.” AMP. These were the last verses before Romans 8:1.

What Apostle Paul meant in Romans 7:24-25 was that no matter how he tried to keep the Law, he couldn’t keep it, because he had a sinful spirit which he inherited from Adam. In other words, no man can become righteous from his actions. This was the reason why Apostle Paul cried out asking who would save him from this life of sin, and it was also the reason why he thanked God because it is only through Jesus that he gained freedom from the life of sin. Which was why he said in Romans 8:1 that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the spirit.” AMP.

Remember, you do not become righteous through your actions, but through your Spirit, that is having the new Spirit of Jesus, as Romans 8:2 says, “For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.” AMP. The new being is the new Spirit of Christ, who lives the God kind of life; this life is above the Law (ref. Romans 6:14), because by having this new Spirit, and you are no longer compelled by the Law to do what is right.

The new life you have is above the Law, in other words, what the Law was meant to achieve, you have surpassed, because that which is greater than the Law has freed you, which is why as one who is born of God, you don’t follow the Law, but you follow the Law of your new Spirit.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog your new Spirit always wants to do what is right, unlike your old Spirit which was bound to do that which was against the will of God. Log on tomorrow as I continue going through the book of Romans chapter 8.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG



Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: