Monday 9 April 2018

Sometimes, Take A Closer Look

Hi everyone,

Have you ever read a book or something and felt you gone through it, and then what you’ve studied happen to hit you, like a sudden deeper understanding of what you studied, and you’re like, “Woah! It never hit me this way”, yeah that’s how a verse of the Bible hit me so hard that I’m still recovering from, well I don’t wish to recover from it actually [chuckles].

So, what was the verse that so hit so hard? It was Hebrews 11:6, the verse which I have written about over and over and over again on my blog site. But I would write on what really hit me so hard, yeah, it won’t be new to you, but when you calm down and properly ponder and meditate over it, I believe it would most likely hit you, maybe more than I was hit.

What does Hebrews 11:6 say? “But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].” AMP. So what really hit me here? The verse says, “without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him [God]”.

Ok, God is not a liar, in other words, there is nothing God says, that doesn’t exist, in other words, anything God says must come to pass, or better still exist as He says it [Numbers 23:19, Genesis 1]. Now, grace, as we know, implies receiving a free gift of the life of Christ, in other words, Jesus’ life became yours right? Yeah, it did.

Now, when you look at the life of Christ and find out that it has been given to you, it looks too good to be true because it looks like things beyond our wildest dreams, but it is true. Now, this is where Hebrews 11:6 hit me. The verse made me understand that by not believing all God gave me through Jesus, then I am not pleasing God that way.

To believe all that God has given us by grace through faith is by believing. As it has been established, God cannot lie, therefore, all that He said He had given us is actually true, we just need to believe it, and to believe by faith pleases God. I found out that the times I had unbelief over what He said He had given me, God wasn’t pleased. It then occurred to me that it didn’t make sense to doubt what is true, especially coming from the One who never lies, this was the big hit. This actually strengthened my faith in Him all the more.

The second part of Hebrews 11:6 says, “For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].” To believe in what God said about you, you must first believe that God Himself exist or else you would never believe what He said because you don’t know who He is and that He never lies. And to prevent that, the verse says, we need to diligently seek Him [God] out, and this is through His word.

It is important for us to know more about Jesus of whom without Him we won’t have the true life. We shouldn’t be ignorant if we think life was fine without Jesus. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams, all we have to do is to believe in Him and allow these blessings flow through us, and with that please God.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)


No comments: