Monday 21 December 2020

The Height of Being Led by the Holy Spirit

 Hi everyone,


I believe many of us have role models, and these role models are those we tend to emulate, from the way they handle certain things, it could be how they handled their businesses, or their fashion sense, or their mannerism to things, there is something that would have drawn you to that particular person to have made you pick the individual as your role model. Well, for me, my role model is Jesus Christ, not because I just want to feel like a Christian (a hypocritical one in this sense), but it’s just my personal choice just the way anyone of you would have picked any other person. Every time I read the gospels about Jesus and how He spoke and the authority He carried, it just thrilled me so much, that I just want to be like Him. Today, I’ll share with you a popular story about Jesus. The answer He gave has deep meaning involved, let me show what I’m talking about.


In the popularly recorded temptation of Jesus in Matthew 4 and Luke 4, I’ll only look at the first temptation which the Amplified Bible puts Matthew 4:3-4 thus, “And the tempter came and said to Him, If You are God’s Son, command these stones to be made [loaves of] bread. But He replied, It has been written, Man shall not live and be upheld and sustained by bread alone, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God.” It is not the fact that Jesus said He won’t turn the stones into bread, but that He won’t turn the stones to bread without the permission of God His Father. I’ve explained this aspect before that Jesus told the devil that He won’t do anything without the Father’s approval, but that wasn’t what struck me as I meditated on it again. What struck me was that Jesus had just ended His forty days fasting and was hungry, definitely the hunger must have been intense. Logically, there wasn’t anything wrong with turning stones into bread, but He wasn’t going to use His anointing without the leading of the Spirit for some as irrelevant as food in this case.

I have often said, we need to always be led by the Holy Spirit, but for something as irrelevant as food, for himself, not food in terms of receiving from another person, but after fasting which it was normal to break with food, Jesus wasn’t going to eat without being led by the Holy Spirit, based on His response because He replied by saying, “Man shall not live and be upheld and sustained by bread alone, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God.” That was the height of commitment and intense obedience to the Father/Holy Spirit. What Jesus taught us was that we are to be led by the Holy Spirit to even what we consider irrelevant.

It sounds like I keep making too much emphasis on being led by the Holy Spirit, but to live a flawless life and a life that is pleasing to God, a life where you fulfil your destiny and mission here on earth, it is only the Holy Spirit that can give you this perfect life. Yes, we would most likely make mistakes at the beginning but as you walk with the Holy Spirit and are being led by Him, your life gets perfected, and you grow into and “come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” Ephesians 4:13. You can never over depend on the Holy Spirit, because your true and perfect success here on earth depends on your being led by the Holy Spirit as Jesus lived a perfect life here on earth, trust me you won’t regret it.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.

                    
Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!


Log on next time.


For prayers and comment, send them to the "post comment" section below.


GOD BLESS YOU.


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: