Monday 27 July 2020

Why We Fall Ill [Even After Being Born Again] (Part 2)

Happy new week everyone,

Yesterday, I wrote on the part one of Why We Fall Ill [Even After Being Born Again]. Today is the second part of yesterday’s topic. I wrote that every sickness and infirmity has its origin from the spirit realm. Also, ill-health isn’t an attribute of those born of Christ Jesus, but we still see some getting ill. And I said the devil through deceit makes us confess sickness into existence since he cannot create. So, today, I’d be looking at how to tackle this deceit, in other words, how do we prevent ourselves from falling prey to the devil’s evil schemes?

As I rounded up yesterday, I wrote that there is another way the devil gets to us, and this is a major issue that needs to be addressed. Two popular verses would help me begin my explanation and they are Galatians 2:20 and 2 Corinthians 5:17. Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” While 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Galatians 2:20 says “I” has been crucified. The “I” here is the old spirit inherited from the first Adam, and this “I” is dead, crucified, so who is your new spirit? 2 Corinthians 5:17 tells us that a new creation now lives in our body, and this new creation is our new spirit. Galatians 2:20 says this new life lives by the faith of the Son of God, in other words, you don’t exist by your faith, but by the faith of Jesus who is the Son of God. Even Colossians 3:4 makes us understand that Jesus is our life, thus the “I” was replaced by Jesus, so where am I driving at?

Colossians 3:2-3 says, “Set your mind on things above, not things on the earth. 3For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” The NIV says in Hebrews 12:2 that we should fix our eyes on Jesus, and many more verses to back this up. What does these mean? It is saying that we don’t exist anymore, the One who lives is Jesus. The reason why we need to renew our mind is to search the scripture and meditate only on Jesus, because He now is our life, and as the soul is understanding this, we see the physical transformation in our bodies.

So, where does the devil come in all these? The devil is a liar, as Jesus said that the devil has been lying since the beginning. Thus, what the devil does is to call our attention to our unrenewed body, making us feel that old man that died is still alive, and by doing so, we take our eyes off Jesus to our body. And this is the very intention of the devil. He doesn’t want us to know that we have been transformed, even when we know, he doesn’t want our minds renewed by bringing out the fullness of Christ in us, he does everything possible to take our eyes away from Jesus, and as we take our eyes off Jesus to our bodies, we see flaws and confess them unknowingly, and this is how ill-health come to play. This is wrestle that Ephesians 6:12 talks about, it is the battle of the mind. How then do we tackle this?

I thought I could write on the last question today, but I had to explain this other deceit the devil uses on us, and how we must know this deceit he uses. In tackling the deceit of the devil, log on, same time tomorrow, as I address this issue.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.

                    

 

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

                                          

Log on next time.

 

For prayers and comments, send them to the comment section below.

 

GOD BLESS YOU.

 

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG

 

 

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

 


No comments: