Saturday 25 July 2020

The Power Behind Patience

Happy weekend everyone,

I remember when I was a little boy, a man came and planted mango seeds. He wanted to trees so the seeds were planted not too far from each other. I came around every week and saw how they grew gradually. It took some years before it became a proper tree. My point today here is on patience, I’ve written on patience before but I feel it is not too much to write on it again.

You must have heard of the saying, “Patience is a virtue”, I am very serious with you, that saying is not a joke. I also remember a short poem I was given to say when I was in Nursery 1 which says, “Little by little, I learn to know, the little I know, I will never forget.” Those lines I never forgot, but I really didn’t follow them as good as I remember the sayings. The truth is that we cannot be patient on our own by our self. In fact the more you force yourself to be patient, the more you blow it.

Patience wasn’t listed as a fruit of the Spirit for nothing, if it was something we could attain by human ability, then it won’t be listed as a fruit of the Spirit. Just like the mango trees I watched till it started bringing forth fruit, likewise the life of the one who becomes born again into Christ Jesus. As we meditate on the word of God, listen to the Holy Spirit’s leading, strengthen our Spirit-Man through praise and thanksgiving, eventually the fruit of the Spirit start to manifest, and patience is one of them.

Patience is a sign that you are being led by the Holy Spirit. The world is aimed at getting you annoyed and frustrated, especially when you have bills to pay and you get a leading of how to go about sorting it through the word of God. You see the process given by God, but the world shouting at you to take a faster route, because sometimes it may appear as if the way of the word is too slow, but what we fail to understand atime is that what we think is a faster route isn’t a faster route, it is a longer route, not only is a longer route, it is a route that comes with its own troubles, and even when you think you have sorted that first trouble, you would have other troubles to sort and then you would wish you were patient enough to listen to the word of the Lord.

We lose a lot of things by being impatient. Being born again doesn’t mean all your troubles disappear instantly. Yes, they do instantly in the Spiritual realm, but because your soul needs to be renewed, it takes a while for troubles to clear out, and this is where you need patience to strengthen you as you face the trials here on earth as your soul is being renewed.

As you get a leading of the Holy Spirit on what to do,

as long as it is from the Lord with double assurance from the word of God, be patient, and follow every step. Yes, it may not be easy which is why we have the Holy Spirit who is our friend and is also to strengthen us when we want to faint. A popular verse in Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall make direct your paths.”

I tell you the truth, I’ve leaned on my understanding several times, feeling His way was not solving my issues fast enough, and nothing worked for me till I went back to Him and followed Him all the way. His word is truth, and He is not a man that should lie, nor a son of man that should repent. If He said it He would do it to favour you and glorify Him. You achieve more being patient in Him, so be patient today and see God’s Grace move through you.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.

                    

 

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

                                          

Log on next time.

 

For prayers and comments, send them to the comment section below.

 

GOD BLESS YOU.

 

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG

 

 

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm truely inspired by your message. It hasn't been easy for me, for I've been quite impatient with many things in my life that I wanted God to do, but today, you've made me understand the importance of waiting on God for the right time... Thank you. ��

What Is The Gospel Truth? said...

I'm glad you're blessed, He will always be there to strengthen you all the way.