Thursday 21 December 2017

Righteousness is not Self-Righteousness

Hi everyone,

There was a time when I felt to get it right with God was to obey the Ten Commandments, then if I was able to keep them it makes me qualified to become born-again. Sounds funny right? Well, I was a kid then, but the truth is that the way many of us thinks about working with God isn’t far from how I reasoned as a child. I’ve seen adults who have understood that they cannot be in the good books of God without getting born-again, they understood that all their efforts of self-righteousness were nothing without getting born-again, so they get born-again. Then they continue their effort to please God through self-effort. It is people like these that still call themselves sinners even after being saved. The question now is what message did you hear that got you born-again, was it a message of doom or a message of love? I have addressed a topic similar to the subject matter of today, but there are areas that still need hammering for people to be orientated properly.

I once fell into the trap of self-righteousness in some areas of my life, I would be unhappy with myself that I had repeated what I said I would stop, so I would then promise myself not to repeat it, but I found out that every time I promise myself not to repeat the act, it was then I repeated it again and again. What I promised myself never to repeat was the easiest thing in the world to not repeat, but I found myself repeating it, what could be wrong? I then asked God what made me repeat this again and again, and He said I kept on using self-effort believing that as I had received Christ as Lord, then I could work on myself to stop every flaw in my life, but that was wrong. The truth is that many of us read the Bible in a haste, even if the Bible wasn’t read in a haste, wasn’t studied and meditated upon.

To study and meditate on the Word of God is not like studying for an exam, where you can go through the books so as to properly understand what you studied. The studying and meditating on the Word of God is carefully go through the Word in order to allow the Word go into your being because He is alive! Remember what Hebrews 4:12 says, “For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analysing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.” AMP. It is the Word that works through us, all we are to do is to allow the Word to use us, and this is through the study and meditating of the Word of God every day and night.

Your wrong actions do not become right overnight, but in the spirit, within a twinkle of an eye, it changed the moment you accepted Jesus. Just as you believed you were born-again as confessing the righteousness prayer, so also you need to believe that Jesus as the Word is transforming you as you meditate on the Word, and this is through faith, [ref.: Hebrews 12:2; Romans 12:2; Proverbs 4:23; Philippians 4:8].

As you understand that you were already made righteous the moment you receive Christ without your effort, it allows the Word to bring out the righteousness in your daily living, and you see yourself living as Christ lives, because as He is, so are you in this world, [ref.: 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 John 4:17].

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG

                                                     

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: