Sunday 31 December 2017

As We End The Year 2017...

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone,

You might have taken a look at the year all the way from January to December, looked at all your achievement, and could have been disappointed at yourself, maybe you didn’t fulfill your dreams or goals for the year, or maybe you didn’t get to do what God asked you to do. Yeah, I understand that feeling, because I made a lot of mistakes myself this year, and looking at the end of the year, it was not what I expected it to be, I expected to have completely fulfilled my goals. But guess what? Even if everyone is mad at you for not fulfilling your dreams or goals, just know that God is not mad at you, so don’t get mad at yourself.

I felt I had disappointed God until He reminded me the meaning of Grace which is an unmerited, undeserved favour, which means that even if I had completed the goals for the year, whatever I might have gotten I also didn’t deserve it, which goes to show God is looking at something else entirely outside our action, I’ll get to that in a moment.

God is ever merciful to us beyond our wildest dreams. The scriptures say in Lamentations 3:22-23, “Through the LORD’S mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” These verses are one the reasons why I love the hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness, I often sing this hymn to strengthen me and remember God’s faithfulness even when I fall or make mistakes.

Now, let’s not get this wrong, this doesn’t go to say we’re free to make mistakes as we like, it just goes to show that God doesn’t look at our actions, but our heart or where our heart lies. God is after our heart and not our action, where our heart lies gives birth to our actions eventually after a certain period of time. Just as a child’s heart is set on walking, though he may fall several times, eventually, he would walk because his heart is set on walking. Proverbs 4:23 says, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” (NIV), to God, the heart is the more important than our actions because our actions just go to show what is in our heart.

I was also reminded that it’s not about what we do, striving to please Him, but about all what He has done for us, showing His abundant love and extravagant grace towards us. To please God is just by relying on, believing and having complete trust in Him, in other words, having faith in Him. It is when we dwell on His love for us that we can get things right in our heart and lives. Our strength will fail us, but His love for us is His strength bestowed on us, that can never fail.

You may not be happy about how the year ended, but just remember that God is not the God of the second chance as many call Him, instead He is the God of the ‘forever’ chance which we would enjoy as we dwell in His love for us.

So as we end the year 2017, know that you shouldn’t lose heart or faith, be thankful to Jesus for getting you this far, because He is your strength for the distance, and just as the saying goes, it’s not about how you fall, but it’s about how well you pick yourself back up. Happy New Year in Advance.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG

                                                     
Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)


No comments: