Thursday 16 March 2023

Why Do You Thank God?

The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 in all things give thanks. Giving thanks is amazing, but have you asked yourself why you give thanks? There should be a proper understanding of why we do things, for them to have true meaning in our lives when we do it.


To give thanks to God is an act of faith. Yes, this shouldn't come as a surprise to you because I'm very sure you already know that. But let me go a little deeper.

We do not give God thanks for what we believe He will do. We give God thanks for what He has already done. Again, I believe you know this, this is where a reminder is needed.

It does not make sense to give God thanks for what we believe He is going to do, going by who He is. When we pray for healing or financial breakthrough, we shouldn't give God thanks believing that He would do it, because He is God. 

The fact is that healing had already taken place before we asked or prayed. The financial breakthrough had already taken place before we prayed. What we are to do is to use the authority He gave to allow us to see that it was already done through the finished work of Jesus, as a result of His resurrection.

The authority we received from God, is of finished works, an authority that allows us to see the receipt of all the healing, financial breakthrough, and every other thing He did on the cross. This is where faith comes in.

Let's take health as an example. If we wanted to get healed, this is hope. When we pray in faith, it implies that it's the use of the authority of our Lord Jesus, we see that healing had taken place, but it was our ignorance that didn't allow us to know that our needs had been met. So, our prayer should be from the work done on the cross and the resurrection power that sealed it.

Our prayer should be like this:

"Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. I thank you for all you have done for me, and all you have given to me by grace. I thank you that you took care of my every need, and you took all my sickness away, and whatever way my body feels that is contrary to all you did on the cross, I rebuke them all now in the name of Jesus. Because of you, I walk in perfect health. Thank you, Jesus. In Jesus' name, I confess. AMEN."

You are to always give God thanks for what He did on the cross for us, and the resurrection power we have received by grace through faith.

By doing this we walk in that grace He has given. It is a sign that we received the gift He gave us. He has done all things, it is left to us to believe and know that He did that through the evidence of His receipt to show for it, which is His resurrection. This is why we can say greater is He that is us than he that is in the world.



Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t? Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

                                          

Log on next time.

 

For prayers and comments, send them to the comment section below.

 

GOD BLESS YOU.

 

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG

 

                                                                                                                 

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: