Friday 3 March 2023

What Exactly Is Faith?

Faith is an important factor when living as a Son or Daughter of God. You cannot be a child of God without faith. It is faith that causes our transformation into the life of Christ Jesus. Faith seems to sound more powerful than it appears because it is a belief, but this belief is not of the ordinary, but of the extraordinary. Faith is commonly used, and everyone claims they know everything about faith. But what exactly is faith?

Let's go through the most popular verse used when faith is talked about--Hebrews 11:1. Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." What does this verse really mean?


For instance, when I say to myself that it is time to get a new car because I need one and I have enough funds to get one, I know for sure that I will get one because I came to that conclusion based on the need for it and the funds that I have gathered. It was just a matter of going to the car shop to purchase it, that's all. I believed this because I had a thought, all by myself. So, believing it would be easy because I would know if I am telling the truth or not. But this is not exactly the same when it comes to faith.

So, this is faith. Take for instance Jesus has "a thought," about buying a car. Being God, He has bought the car in future. Also, this is His thought, and it is easy for Him to know because He had the thought, all by Himself (take note of this). Jesus tells me that I have a car, the car He bought in the future is mine. At that moment, He hasn't bought it but being God, He is already in the future and has bought it. Faith now is that I believe all that Jesus said as though I was the one who bought it. Therefore, I am to believe Jesus' words as though they were mine. Wow!

Now whatever Jesus said was yours, was also given to Him by God. When Jesus was raised from the grave, all of the Father was given to Jesus (Jesus represented here is Jesus portrayed as the new Adam, not as God because Jesus is God). Jesus also received, by faith.

Doubts may come to your mind because the situation you are in cannot match what the Holy Spirit is telling you. But hey, it's not your life, it's He's, and He decided to give you all He owns. So, when He tells you something you own, congratulations, He has released another of your inheritance into your reality. Just grab it and own it, and don't forget to thank Him.

Faith is to believe all that the Holy Spirit told you as if you were the one who thought it. And this is so because as Sons and Daughters of God, we all have the mind of Christ, (ref.: 1 Corinthians 2:16).

Remember this, there are no excuses when God speaks. If He said, then it is done. He sees all times, and when He gives you a prophecy of faith, take it and own it. When He speaks know that when your calendar matches that time, it MUST manifest. He is God, and TRUTH is His name.



Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

                                          

Log on next time.

 

For prayers and comments, send them to the comment section below.

 

GOD BLESS YOU.

 

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG

 

                                                                                                                 

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are obtained from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: