Friday 11 November 2022

Do You Have a Stand or Not?

Any time I go through Daniel chapter 3, I ask myself if I have a stand or not.


Daniel chapter 3 is the story of Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, popularly known as Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego, the story of the golden statue King Nebuchadnezzar commanded everyone to bow down and worship. Yeah, I'm sure you'd say you won't bow to the statue right? But this was the most powerful King on earth then who gave the command. It wasn't democracy. And oh, lest I forget anyone who didn't bow to the golden statue would be thrown into a fiery furnace. So, be honest with yourself, would you have still bow down?

Now, let me get into what touched me the most in the story of the three Hebrew boys. These boys, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah refused to bow to the golden statue when everyone did, because they stood with God Almighty and no one else.

King Nebuchadnezzar asked the guards to throw them into the fiery furnace. Now, this was the touching part. Before they were thrown in, they said no matter what, even if God doesn't deliver them, they won't still bow down and worship the golden image. That was a serious stand on Who they believe in. And you know the rest of the story. God delivered them from the furnace.

Do you have a stand on Christ Jesus, that no matter what happens you won't deny Him? It takes a strong conviction to that risk. But really, life itself is a risk. So, what risk do you want to take? A risk of assurance by the Holy Spirit who knows all things, or a probability by human facts and figures that isn't an assurance in any way. The choice is yours.

Let's not be hypocrites when living our lives. If we say we stand with Christ, then we stand with Him all the way. The Holy Spirit is our strengthener as we live the life of Christ. We should never take Him for granted in any way.


Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

                                          

Log on next time.

 

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

 

GOD BLESS YOU.

 

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG

 

                                                                                                                 

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: