Friday 3 January 2020

The Friction Between Two Stones


Hello everyone,

You will have perfect health, good success, prosperity, love, joy, peace of mind, fulfilment, will find favour this year in Jesus’ name. This is what I pray for everyone who is reading this right now. But do you know that my prayer wasn’t a prayer of faith? I’ll tell you why in a minute.

When we go to the woods, maybe for camp, and want to make a campfire, we could make fire by causing friction between two dry stones by striking them together over dry wood. One stone cannot make a fire on its own, the two are needed to create fire. Using these allegory of the stones, they could be likened to two key elements that create faith. Why are they?

The first stone is Hope, and it is what we intend to have, which is actually a true need. So, those who need health would pray for health, those who need success would pray for success, and those who need peace of mind would pray for the peace of mind. All, these are what you intend getting in the nearest future, which is what is in your imagination to come to pass. So, coming back to my prayer in the first paragraph, my prayer was just a prayer of hope and not of faith.

The popular verse in Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Verse 3 says God framed the worlds by faith, and not by hope. Which would imply that the moment God said there is light we saw the light (ref.: Genesis 1). God never said there will be light, because if He said that, that would be hope. Thus, faith is not a futuristic tense, but a present tense, or I’d say a now tense.

So, how does faith work? Remember, I said there are two stones at the beginning? Now we know the first stone is hope. So what does hope strike on to create faith? And how is it appropriated properly.

Log on tomorrow as I continue with this topic: THE FRICTION BETWEEN TWO STONES.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!
                                          
Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send them to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: