Sunday 26 May 2019

Behind The Term "I am"

Happy Sunday everyone,

Yesterday, I explained how God gave children of God limitless powers beyond our imagination. You should also understand that having this ability implies you reasoning as God does because it is God Himself who takes over your Spirit who enters your mind when you allow Him. This is very important because as we use the limitless power it then helps us in our normal imagination. Our imagination then becomes a great boost to faith which affects our confessions.

Our confessions are words that should not be taken for granted. Every word we speak has a commanding force. As we know, every object is at a state of rest, for a thing to move from one place to another, there need to be a force moving the object in focus to another state of rest. And as Sons and Daughters in Christ, being filled in our spirit man (ref.: 1 Corinthians 2:16), we are expected to act like God and as we know, every word that comes out of God does not go and come back void, but accomplishes all that pleases Him (ref.: Isaiah 55:11). Why am I saying this? We are to pay attention to the words we use and the power and meaning of what we say.

My focus is on the use of the term “I am”. When we say something like “I am successful”, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus” and many other similar expressions, what we are saying is emphasising who God is as a person and who He is in our being. God told Moses He is “I am who I am”. He is known as the “I am”. The Jews got annoyed at Jesus when He said, “Before Abraham was, I am” (ref.: John 8:58)Even though it was used in a sentence, the Jews recognised the presence of the term “I am”.

“I am successful” implies “God is successful”, and understanding the grace God has given us makes us understand that God is our success and it makes those words come alive in our lives more than ever before. So, knowing who God is, makes our confessions come alive as we know that our Christ-like confessions express who God really is, and believing in this strengthens our trust in Christ and makes our confessions real in our lives! It’s so real because of His love for us and this is the gospel truth.


May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!
                                          
Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)


No comments: