Monday 11 April 2016

Stay Alert In Christ

The devil is so cunning but he has been defeated before the creation of the world, but as I said yesterday, some believers focus on him and this is what he wants. Some might say, “If we don’t watch him, how do we know where he is coming from?” The question I’ll ask is “When you focus on him, what attention are you giving God Himself?” Jesus Himself said, “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation...” Matthew 26:41. But does the word “watch” mean?

The word “watch” in this context implies being alert; and the only way to be alert is in the Lord. As believers, you can’t focus on Jesus enough. Jesus focused on God while here on earth, that’s why He couldn’t fall for any temptation. When Jesus was on earth, He did what He saw His Father do, [ref. John 5:19]; this is “watching”.

When you focus on Jesus a lot, (I keep emphasising on this) the devil’s deceit is easily identified and with that you rebuke Him immediately. You wouldn’t have easily identified the devil if you didn’t focus on Jesus, you can achieve this without Him. We are completely helpless without Jesus; we are to live His life with the added advantage of having His spirit and His mind! [ref. 1st Corinthians 2:16]. All these are because of His love for us and this is the gospel truth.

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comment send through my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from King James Version (KJV)

No comments: