Saturday 1 December 2018

The Slack and the Diligent Hands

Happy Weekend everyone,

I looked at the clock one day and found out how steady it ticked on and on without slowing down a little or missing a count or moving faster than it is meant to, it was just steady. I was to do something, and I went on steadily, but when I decided to slow down or wait for a little, but the clock didn’t wait for me, it went on. I was now the one running after it. Solomon said there is a time for everything (ref.: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8), and we are to live in the right time of things, being led by the Holy Spirit Who is always important.

Proverbs 10:4-5 says, “He becomes poor who works with a slack and idle hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. 5 He who gathers in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.” AMP. The one who is idle is the person who procrastinates all the time. He sees it is time to work, but sits down doing nothing, and ends up poor. But the diligent hand is the one who works by the time and season and doesn’t give up till he is done. He is the one who gathers in summer before the rush comes in, but the idle one sleeps when in the time of harvest and gathers nothing when he finally decides to go out. He is the one who blames others every time for his predicament.

We all have times in our lives where we procrastinate, we could say it is almost impossible to avoid, well, in a way it is. There was a time in my life when I was to do a thing and I was on it on and on and on again and wasn’t making any progress. I’m a man who likes to plan, and I planned my time properly, better than before, but something was always interrupting the flow and I ended up not completing it again. It was then I turned to the person who gave me the job to do. I asked Him, “how exactly am I supposed to get this job done, it appears I’ve been failing at it all the time, and it is quite frustrating.” It was then He said you finally asked the right question, and within a day He gave me His own plan, and how I’m to go about it. I wanted to cry tears of joy, I saw how quick it was for me to cover the entire assignment much faster than before and achieve great results. The man who gave me the job and the successful plans on how to carry out the assignment is the Holy Spirit. This story really happened, although the Holy Spirit wasn’t physically present as I described Him figuratively, but He was present.

We may say we don’t have any intention to be idle, but having a slack hand is having plans that don’t work and you keep creating new ones over and over again. When I emphasise on the Holy Spirit being your best friend, I’m not saying this just because it’s important, but because He is the only path to great success. He has never failed to make my path straight, and if the path isn’t straight at a point, it is because I didn’t follow His plans as He showed me, and it won’t come as a surprise to me because I know where I erred. And the good thing is that He is always there to strengthen you when you are down the moment you turn to Him as the only way.

Self-righteousness is the reason why some are poor today, and still some, even after being shown what and how to go about their assignment refuse to stand up, that is a strong reason why some are poor. The Lord ALWAYS provides for His children. If you are poor and you are a Son or Daughter of God, and you believe you don’t procrastinate, then you haven’t asked the right question, just the way I did before. He is always there to guide us and you need to be quiet because even when we are going the wrong way He is telling us the right path to take, but if you are noisy, you won’t hear Him. Be still and know that He is God.

May the LORD bless you and keep you, make His face shine upon you. May the LORD be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.
                    

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!
                                          
Log on next time.

For prayers and comments, send them to the comment section below.

GOD BLESS YOU.

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW MY BLOG



Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: