Thursday 17 November 2016

Get The Truth Right! (Part 2)

Last time I talked about why people claim the devil attacks them, and the question was and still is, “do we really get attacked by the devil?” To continue from where I stopped I said the popular Psalms 23:1 says, “The LORD is my shepherd”; a good Shepherd according to Jesus, gives His life for the sheep and Jesus said He is the good Shepherd! [Ref. John 10:11]. In other words we could say, Jesus takes all the attacks on our behalf, which includes that of the devil!

Psalms 23:4 says, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” This is a very strong confidence of assurance placed on Jesus as our protector; so the question still stands, “do we really get attacked by the devil?”

Again, Psalms 91:1-3 says, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.” Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.” Psalms 91 as a whole and several scriptures have proven how God Almighty goes to the end to protect His children, and if you’re attacked, it implies something went wrong somewhere.

As humans, we hope a lot and one of these is protection; God on the other hand released His extravagant GRACE by providing us with everything we are ever going to need.  The acceptance of this GRACE is called Faith! You have to believe God is protecting you; we may not see the physical evidence of someone standing and fighting off the devil. But beyond our physical sight, God is protecting us, we just have to believe it because we have our evidence- Jesus.

This is how it is, God has given us what we need, all we have and need to do is believe by receiving His gift. His gift is Jesus who represents salvation. Now salvation doesn’t only include eternal life, it includes protection from the evil one and many other goodies, it a total package! The new question now is “why then do people who claimed to have accepted Jesus as LORD still get attacked?”

To answer this question, log on tomorrow.

Why not accept Jesus Christ today if you haven’t . Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my LORD and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive Salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

For prayers and comments, send them through my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are taken from the New King James Version (NKJV).

No comments: