Monday 7 November 2016

Get The Truth Right! (Part 1)

There are times when strange and mysterious things happen to us and we conclude we’ve been attacked by the devil. But the question is do we really get attacked by the devil? If I recall correctly Jesus said in John 8:44 that there is no truth in the devil. As He continued, Jesus said, “when [the devil] speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”

I ask you again, do we really get attacked by the devil? If I may recall again, Colossians 2:15 says, Jesus, “having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them triumphing over them in it.” Also Hebrews 2:14 says, “Inasmuch them the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their  life time subject to bondage.”

Now, if Christ disarmed the powers of the devil in every form, why do people say they were attacked by the devil! Well, if you’re a Believer and you say you’re were attacked by the devil, then you don’t know why you became a Christian, or you don’t understand the authority given to you. If you still insist that you were attacked, then what you’re saying is that we serve a weak God who cannot protect His children.

Why am I saying this, the popular Psalms 23:1 says, “The LORD is my shepherd”. A good Shepherd according to Jesus gives His life for the sheep, and Jesus claims to be the good Shepherd [ref. John 10:11]. Psalms 23:4 says, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” This is another way the LORD protects us from the attack of the devil.

To further establish this gospel truth, log on next time.

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

For prayers and comments, send them through my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from the New King James Version (NKJV).

No comments: