Saturday 4 March 2017

What Are You Doing With The Word?

There are people I admire so much, but above all I admire is Jesus Christ, yea you may say “of course, why not”; but my admiration is not just out of respect, it is the high level of His wisdom in the way He handles things, how He speaks, the level of His faith in God, His command of authority and many more. I don’t know about you, but He is my role model. Well, my focus here is on the parable of the sower [ref. Matthew 13:3-20; Mark 4:2-20; Luke 8:4-15].

I have always read about the several places the seeds were sown; as Jesus explained, the soil represents the heart, but the same word was sown, the question is what made these hearts different?

The first soil which was the way side, then the stony ground, the one thorns and the good ground. The truth is that the types of soil which represents the hearts are actually the decisions people make, in other words, they are things one has fed his heart with. So, when you receive the Word, it is what you have fed you mind with that determines what you will do with the Word! Let’s take a look at these minds one after the other.

Using the book of Mark, it says, “The sower sows the Word. The ones along the path are those who have the Word sown [in their hearts], but when they hear, Satan comes at once and [by force] takes away the message which is sown in them.
And in the same way the ones sown upon stony ground are those who, when they hear the Word, at once receive and accept and welcome it with joy; and they have no real root in themselves, and so they endure for a little while; then when trouble or persecution arises on account of the Word, they immediately are offended (become displeased, indignant, resentful) and they stumble and fall away.
And the ones sown among the thorns are others who hear the Word; then the cares and anxieties of the world and distractions of the age, and the pleasure and delight and false glamour and deceitfulness of riches, and the craving and passionate desire for other things, and the craving and passionate desire for other things creep in and choke and suffocate the Word, and it becomes fruitless” (Mark 4:14-19 AMP). As I said the different hearts represents what each mind-set is. I intend to make this as an introduction in analysing the types of soil and what each of them really mean. What made the good soil different from the rest?

There is an amount of time given to each person in order to achieve his goal. As we receive the Word, work with it immediately rather than beating around the bush. You are to learn how to use the Word properly, and in the next blog, I intend to elaborate on how to use the Word properly, using the parable of the sower to illustrate this.

Why not accept Jesus today if you haven’t. Pray out loud, “Jesus, I confess that You are my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that God raised You from the dead. By faith in Your Word, I receive salvation now. Thank You for saving me!” Congratulations, you’re born again, you are now brand new!

Log on next time.

For prayers and comment send them to my Google Plus account.

GOD BLESS YOU.


Unless otherwise stated, the following scriptures are gotten from New King James Version (NKJV)

No comments: